Sorry I haven't been around much! We were in the process of switching internet providers, which left us with no service for 8...yes 8 whole days. Needless to say, I finished 2 books & remembered what life was like before the world wide web....it was nice, but I missed it. I kept thinking of all these things to blog & of course, by now, the majority of them I can no longer remember.
I have been thinking a lot about the fact that October will be here before too long (how in the world is it already September, in 4 hours) and October means 2 years since we officially started our adoption journey. It's hard to believe it's been 2 years already. Sometimes I feel like it has flown by, we have had so much to do & prepare for LP..our baby shower, etc & other times I am in shock by all that has happened & we still have no baby.
We have been waiting, at this point, longer than we were told it would more than likely take to get our referral & have our Little Pup home in our arms.
I try not to be bothered by pregnant women. I try not to envy those who have gotten referrals & now have babies home with them. I can say I have been VERY good about these feelings...well, until recently...
I found a blog where the family adopted from Colombia & paperwork in, referral received & children home in 12 months...1-2 months!! That is what we were expecting...LP would have been home with us by now. I wouldn't keep saying "this is our last big trip before LP" or "nope, no word, nada, we know nothing."
I am just ready...ready to be a mom, ready to finally have our LP & to stop feeling "jealous."
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Friday, August 12, 2011
I saw this over at Traditionally Nontraditional & loved the idea! So here goes nothing!
- ...I told you I had mowed grass before! Yep, that is right, I am almost 30 and have never mowed a lawn in my life. Call me spoiled, call me whatever; but I just haven't done it. Maybe I should put it on a list of things before turning 30?! I hear it's a great stress reliever!
- ...I told you that every time I see "balls" hanging from a truck, I don't chuckle a bit! I mean, really? Why do you think it is a good idea to hang balls from your vehicle. It just reminds me what rednecks we do have here in this lovely state of Ohio
- ...I told you that I don't miss my REs office somewhat. Not because I want to be there being put through a battery of test, but that the billing lady & I become such great friends, I miss seeing her. (sad, I know)
- ...I told you that I don't sometimes think of living childfree & just stopping any & everything to become a parent. That the stress & worrying sometimes make me wonder if it's worth it all & if we would be better off the 2 of us
- ...If told you that I didn't think that all the tears, worrying & stress will be worth it as soon as I hold LP in my arms the first time.
Posted by PCOSChick at 9:49 AM
Monday, August 8, 2011
The DH & I have been talking a lot more lately about adopting a 2nd time & more & more it is looking like LP will an only child. We worry about the money. How do you pay for a 2nd adoption and be able to give you children everything you want? College, dance classes, soccer fees, etc.
Also, you can call me selfish, but I don't know if I can do this again. I do not know how you can be raising a child & handle this wait. Handle the paperwork, the dossier, everything that comes along with it.
I just don't get it....I always thought I wanted more children, at least 2...but now I am not so sure. Yet, another thing infertility has taken from me.
Posted by PCOSChick at 9:08 PM
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Love the above canvas print?! If you are like me, you have tons of pictures you have taken (or your DH, in my case) that you would love to have made into something nice for hanging.
Brendan over at Easy Canvas Prints asked me to review their product & I was thrilled when he did. I was so excited to be able to finally take some of my husband's amazing photographs & make them into something to hang around the house.
My DH & I sat down on the site, which I will add was SUPER easy to use, & took one of our favorite pictures from a pier in Florida that means a great deal to us & made it into the above canvas! It was really that easy :D
It took no time to get it all taken care of online & within 2 weeks I had a beautiful canvas at my doorstep! I love how Easy Canvas has so many fun options to make the experience unique. I really was pleased & cannot wait to show off our pier picture!
Want your own Canvas Print?! Go 'like' Easy Canvas Prints on Facebook & get a coupon for 50% off your first purchase AND free shipping!! Go on, what are you waiting for? You know you wanna!
Posted by PCOSChick at 3:17 PM