Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
I was going to do a post on government & how they make it hard on people to adopt. I was going to explain how I have been doing a letter writing campaign & writing my senator, congressmen & even the president. I was going to share how unfair I felt it was that the tax credit was ending at the end of the year. I did not see how just because people such as myself cannot have children & choose to start our family through adoption, why we should be punished & not receive any tax credit. This is what I had planned, a big bitching blog about how unfair it was!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
I saw this on a few other blogs and thought I'd try it out!
What is your salad dressing of choice? Fat Free Ranch
What is your favorite sit-down restuarant? Thai 9
What is your favorite fast food restaurant? Subway (does that count as fast food?!)
What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of? Bread...any kind of bread!
What are your pizza toppings of choice? onion & mushroom
Are you right-handed or left-handed? Right
Have you ever had anything removed from your body? Bone fragments
What is the last heavy item you lifted? Um...I don't lift anything heavy
Have you ever been knocked unconscious? Nope
Have you ever fainted? Nah
If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? Heck No
If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Wouldn't change it. I used to want to change it since it was so unique, but now it's grown on me!
How many pairs of flip flops do you own? Haven't counted lately, but I know it's more than I need
Last person you talked to? My hubby
Day of the week? Sunday bc it's the only full day off I get!
Drink? Apple Juice
Alcoholic? Blue Moon
Missing someone? My hubby :( He has been in MN for work since Monday
What are you listening to? Just started the movie Did You Hear about the Morgan's..so that
What are you watching? See above
Worrying about? Getting sleep tonight. The dog does not like it when the DH is gone & won't sleep through the night
What’s the last movie you saw?Before the one I am watching now? Couple Retreat
Do you smile often? I think so
If you could change your eye color what would it be? Green, I've always wanted green eyes
What’s on your wish list for your birthday? Enough $ saved up to pay off our adoption
Can you do a chin-up? I just LOLed on that one
Does the future make you more nervous or excited? Can you be nervously excited?
Have you been in a car wreck? Yes
Have you caused a car wreck?If the lady hadn't had so many bumper stickers on the back of her car, my mom & I wouldn't have been reading them & I wouldn't have hit her!
Do you have an accent? Midwesterners don't have an accent...however my family is from KY, so sometimes I will say southern things
Last time you cried? Last week
Plans tonight? Watching a movie & relaxing
Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom? There have been times I have wondered, but things could always be worse
Name three things you bought yesterday? Indian dinner, a manicure & a pedicure
Have you met someone who changed your life? Yes
For the better or worse? Better, with some worse thrown in
How did you bring in the New Year? Dinner at the Chop House with friends then playing Wii til the ball dropped
Would you go back in time if you were given the chance? No, I would not change a thing, no matter what. Everything happens for a reason & everything in my past has brought me to where I am now
What songs do you sing in the shower? I'm a car singer, not a shower singer. Lately, it's been a lot of Frou Frou
Have you held hands with someone today? No hand holding today
Who was the last person you took a picture of? Does the dog count?
Are most of the friends in your life new or old? Old
Do you like pulpy orange juice?NO WAY! If you don't want me to touch your OJ, make sure it has pulp because I hate it
Last time you ate peanut butter and jelly? Just a few weeks ago
What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Ahhh I get a massage in 30 mins
How many televisions are in your house? 4
What color cell phone do you have? Black phone with black & red case
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Monday, March 15, 2010
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Friday, March 5, 2010
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Thanks to Holly over at Ready to be a Mom for her list of 99. I loved it so much, I decided to do my own.
The post is a list of 99 things you could have done, and you are supposed to highlight the ones that you yourself have done. While reading this I saw a lot of fun things that I have done, but also so many things that I HAVEN’T done! So here goes!
1. Started your own blog – I have 3! Yes, I am insane with 3 blogs!
2. Slept under the stars – Not all night, but would stay out on my trampoline with my good friend for hours when we were younger, under the stars.
3. Played in a band - Does the middle school band count?
4. Visited Hawaii- My brother went to college there for a bit, so it was a perk as a sister!
5. Watched a meteor shower – Sadly, have not gotten to see this yet
6. Given more than you can afford to charity – I always give more than I can afford to cancer in my friends memory.
7. Been to DisneyWorld – I do not remember much of it because I was only 5, so I really need to get back there.
8. Climbed a mountain – Not with ropes & all that...so maybe it was more hiking?!
9. Held a praying mantis – At least not that I remember
10. Sang a solo – I don't sing, you would pay me not to sing
11. Bungee jumped – Not yet
12. Visited Paris – One day
13. Watched a lightning storm – From the comfot of my home
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - Ummm...not that I know of, I was taught all my arts
15. Adopted a child - Currently working on that!!
16. Had food poisoning – I swear I got sick from KFC once when I was little and haven’t eaten it since!
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – Yes! I was there before they closed down the top & walked all the way to the top!
18. Grown your own vegetables – Does trying to grow count?! I planted them, they just didn't grow so well
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France – Nope
20. Slept on an overnight train - I will one day! This is a goal of mine, I really want to take a train in the states
21. Had a pillow fight – Hasn’t all girls?
22. Hitch hiked – No way!
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – Never been an option for me when your mom owns the company
24. Built a snow fort – I love playing in snow even now!
25. Held a lamb – On a girl scout field trip
26. Gone skinny dipping – Ha, yeah
27. Run a Marathon – I DON't run!
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice – does a Gondola at the Venetian in Vegas count?
29. Seen a total eclipse – If I have I don’t remember
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – Used to do it with my friend every year on the last night of our family cruise
31. Hit a home run – I don't remember ever playing baseball or anything, not my thing
32. Been on a cruise – 16 I believe is the count now
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person- Seems like everytime we are going to gom something comes up, so one day
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors- My ancestors were here when the Indians came, so I live where my ancestors are from..HA
35. Seen an Amish community- Drove through it all the time in college
36. Taught yourself a new language- Sign Language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – I am satisfied, but do you truly ever have enough with bills, etc?!
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - Nada
39. Gone rock climbing – We have a gift card for an indoor rock climbing place here in town, so ask me in a few months!
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David- Does a picture count?!
41. Sung karaoke – It's been years, but yes
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt- That's a no
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - nope
44. Visited Africa – Had the chance & didn't go...that was dumb
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – :)
46. Been transported in an ambulance – 2 times now
47. Had your portrait painted - Not tht I know of
48. Gone deep sea fishing – In Alaska
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris – I've been to the one at Kings Island
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling – Both...got tricked into scubs, but loved it. Wish I could still do it
52. Kissed in the rain – Im sure
53. Played in the mud –Oh yeah, my brother & I always did
54. Gone to a drive-in theater – Went to my first one 2 years ago in VT
55. Been in a movie –
56. Visited the Great Wall of China - Went to China, but didn't make it to the wall
57. Started a business- Started a branch of my mom's company
58. Taken a martial arts class -
59. Visited Russia – I did & what an experience
60. Served at a soup kitchen – nope
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – For years
62. Gone whale watching – Si
63. Got flowers for no reason – Yea, he is a sweetie
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma –Tried to donate blood, but it is REALLY HARD on me, so they won't let me anymore
65. Gone sky diving – NEVER
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp – In Germany
67. Bounced a check - On accident
68. Flown in a helicopter - How else will you get to the top of a glaicer?!
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – Little Foot still is in my life! He sits on the night stand next to me & if the DH is gone, I sleep with him
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - Bigger than I imagined
71. Eaten Caviar – I will try anything.
72. Pieced a quilt -
73. Stood in Times Square – Lots
74. Toured the Everglades – When your parents back yard is practically the everglads, you see it a time or 2
75. Been fired from a job – Thank goodness no
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London –
77. Broken a bone – Too many :(
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle – Loved it
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person – I've flown over it a lot going into Vegas for work, so I am saying yes!
80. Published a book – That would be awesome!
81. Visited the Vatican –
82. Bought a brand new car – 2 of em now
83. Walked in Jerusalem -
84. Had your picture in the newspaper – A couple times
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve –
86. Visited the White House -In my whirlwind DC trip
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – Ha, no
88. Had chickenpox – on my first curise & got quarteened to my cabin
89. Saved someone’s life -
90. Sat on a jury -
91. Met someone famous – Yanni is a family friend
92. Joined a book club - During the summer when I was kid
93. Got a tattoo – Have 4 & getting a 5th soon
94. Had a baby – I will have a baby hopefully within the next year...but I will never birth a baby if that is what this question means.
95. Seen the Alamo in person -
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake -
97. Been involved in a law suit – Yes, not against me though
98. Owned a cell phone – I feel lost with out it!
99. Been stung by a bee – a few times
Phew! So there are 99 things about me! If you want to play copy and paste this list and highlight the things you have done! I guess there is a lot more I have to do!